Shrimp, scallop and curry risotto
I LOVE (really, love) risotto... with any veggies, protein, flavours. EVERYTHING!
I found that recipe on a random website: curry risotto, I was surprised I didn't think about that before!
At the end of every risotto recipe, is often use butter, parmesan or cream to "link" all the flavour and give a creamy texture. For this recipe, I tried cashew cream. It is amazing how well it works!
* original recipe and picture from Moi, Gourmande?
1 L (4 cups) of Tata Soupe Indian broth
3 tbsps olive oil
1 onion, minced
250 g (1 1/4 cups) Arborio rice
200 g scallops
200 g shrimps
250 ml (1 cup) cashew cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat broth in a pot over medium-high heat (it doesn't need to boil, just keep warm)
- In a saucepan, heat oil and onion a few minutes
- Add rice, stir well until translucid
- Add a ladle of broth to the pan, stir and wait until broth in absorbed
- Once the broth is absorbed, repeat step 4 until rice is cooked (15 to 20 minutes)
- Add seafood, cashew cream and mix well
- Season to taste and serve immediately!