The love salad is a classic in French Canadian food... Everyone has his own version of it... this is mine!
As for the name... don't get me wrong... this salad won't make you fall in love!
To change, replace the rice with buckwheat grains in the same proportions for cooking.
|Time||preparation : 10 min.||cooking : 20 min.||total : 30 min.|
1 cup of rice
2 cups of Tata Soupe Chinese broth
1/4 cup of cashew
1/4 cup of raisins
1/4 cup of pepper, diced
1/4 cup of celery, diced
1/2 cup of spinach
1/2 cup of sprouted soybeans
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon grilled sesame oil
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 to 5 tablespoon tamari sauce or soy sauce (depending on the taste of your cooked rice)
2 tablespoon honey
- In a saucepan, pour rice and broth, bring to a boil, lower the heat to low, cover and let it cook for 15 minutes. The broth should be absorbed by the rice
- Once the rice is cooked, transfer to a bowl and let it cool
- Add the rest of the ingredient and mix well
- For the dressing, taste the rice first, it will give you a reference to dose the soy sauce (put less, or none, if it's salty enough for you)
- Pour the dressing on the salad, mix well, serve and enjoy!