Butternut squash soup
Fall = squash... Squash = a million recipe with squash in it!! Yummy!
What I like with squash is that there are so many sorts that you can do the same recipe over and over with different varieties and it will always be different.
For this recipe, I made a Butternut squash soup that you can eat as is, or you can add those delicious shrimps on top of it.
|Time||preparation: 20 min.||cooking : 30 min.||total : 50 min.|
1 onion, minced
6 cups Butternut squash, seeded and diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon oil
1 jar of Tata Soupe Indian broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/4 teaspoon flaked chili pepper
1/4 teaspoon Provencal herbs
450 g (1 lb) uncooked shrimps, shelled
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a pot, heat the oil under low heat, add onion, butternut squash, garlis and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until the squash is very soft.
- Mix the soup until smooth.
- Serve into bowls and add shrimps (see recipe under), or enjoy as is!
- In a small bowl, mix spices.
- In a pan, cook the shrimps in oil under high heat.
- Add the mix of spices, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Serve in the soup bowls and enjoy!